Thứ Ba, 2 tháng 9, 2014

Fated To Love You Episode 18




Grandma Wang is beside herself as she sees the headlines declaring Gun’s genetic illness while the media prepares for a press conference. Mi-young has to field a mob of reporters outside the Lee Manor door as she desperately hails down a taxi to get to the conference, and Gun.
She makes it there only after Gun admits to the press that the rumors about him having the disease are all true, so as a result, he will be respectfully resigning as CEO of Jangin Chemicals. Whaaaat.
“Lee Gun!” Mi-young calls from the doorway. The press recognize her and surround her, but she doesn’t seem to notice when her eyes are solely on Gun: “I found out about everything. The reason why you lied to me, and why you pushed me away so viciously.”


Gun looks stricken, though he desperately tries to hide it as he addresses her as “Ellie Kim” and asks what she thinks she’s doing. “Look me in the eyes when you lie to me,” she continues, regardless of their every action being recorded. “Tell me that you didn’t miss me at all for the past three years, and that I meant nothing to you. Tell me.”
Instead of fessing up, Gun reacts angrily as he orders Manager Tak to take her away—but Mi-young won’t back down on this one. “Tell me. If you’re confident that you can live without me, I really will let you go.”
A moment of silence passes before Gun, who looks like he’s in physical pain from the emotional restraint he’s using, finally admits that he lied before giving his reasoning: “If you’re having a hard time or if you’re in pain, I’ll be in pain too. That’s why I lied.”


Mi-young asks if he’s a fool, which definitely startles him. Then she steps up onto the stage with him to confront him face to face as she asks why he’s worrying in advance about the hard times she might face for a disease that hasn’t yet taken hold of him.
“Why do we have to be sad, in despair, and crying in advance? We can cry when it actually happens,” Mi-young says with tears in her eyes. I still wish Gun would’ve realized this on his own though.
Gun tells her that nothing has changed now that she knows everything, especially his disease. A tear falls down his cheek as he adds, almost in a whisper, “I don’t have the right to love you.”



Watch the next episode Fated To Love You 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét